Monday, November 26, 2007

Switching to Windows Mobile

About six months ago I decided my Virgin Mobile prepaid cell phone was beginning to cost enough each month that I should look at a fixed price alternative. With the upgrade I was also hoping to add some new features to my phone.

I wanted to sync contacts and appointments with Outlook, so some kind of Palm/Blackberry/Windows Mobile device was worth investigating. Since I have a background developing software for Windows desktop operating systems, I figured with a Windows Mobile device and Microsoft Visual Studio I could learn a new development environment.

After some web searching I found I could get a pretty nice Windows Mobile 6 Professional device from T-Mobile for $99 (current offers can be found here) and my prepaid plan was history. I'll be blogging here about my experiences with Windows Mobile from both a user and developer perspective.

No comments: